A quintessential chocolate box cottage
Four bedrooms, each with its own bathroom. On-site parking. Large sitting room with wood burner. Feature kitchen/diner. Rated Five Star by Visit England.
The Old Sweet Shop - Luxury Big Group and Family Holiday Cottages
If you’re looking for great family holiday cottages, then The Old Sweet Shop is a simply superb option. That said this delightful abode is equally perfect for a big group (of adults) to get away.
Make Your Large Group Getaway a Stylish One
Our luxury holiday cottage shares a driveway with Stone Barn (sleeps five/six) and is right next door to Pilgrim Corner (sleeps eight). Together, these unique retreats therefore make for an exceptional group booking for up to 21-22 people.
Located in the quietest and prettiest part of Minehead, the 17th century home has undergone an extensive and faithful restoration. As a result, it now boasts high-quality, modern-day living features, furnishings and amenities. However, don’t worry; it still retains all its original charm.
The beautiful upgrades highlight its memorable sweeping staircase, thick stone walls, beams and large fireplace. Because of this guests can enjoy the most wonderful sense of space and natural light in this property.
Staying here is a chance to reside in a slice of the sweetest local history. For instance some of our neighbours even remember buying strawberry sherbets, gobstoppers and ice creams here on the way to and from school.
Family holiday cottages rarely come as perfect and charming as this - we have no doubt you will enjoy the most wonderful time away.
General Features of the Old Sweet Shop, Our Luxury Family Holiday Cottage
● Five Star rated by VisitEngland
● Customers’ Choice Awards winner from cottages.com for two consecutive years (based on 12 months of guest feedback to independent review site Reevoo)
● Thatched roof
● Dog-friendly (upon request)
● BT WiFi
● Antique furniture
● Central heating
● Hot tub
● Enclosed cottage garden
● Linen included (please bring your own towels for the hot tub)
● On-site parking for two cars
● Within easy walking distance to sandy beach as well as local pub and restaurant
● No smoking, please
The Old Sweet Shop’s Bedroom Features
● Sleeps up to eight people
● Four tastefully decorated rooms, three with en suites
● High-quality Hypnos or Premium Hotel Standard mattresses
● Rooms are named after favourite traditional sweets:
● Refresher (king size bed, four-poster)
● Marshmallow (king size bed)
● Strawberry Sherbert (double size bed)
● Lemon Drop (twin size beds)
● Hairdryer in each room
● Two travel cots
The Old Sweet Shop’s Kitchen/Diner Features
● High-spec appliances
● Range style dual fuel cooker
● Generous work and storage space
● Large oak table comfortably seating eight
The Old Sweet Shop’s Sitting Room Features
● Charming mullion windows
● Comfortable sofas, armchairs and pretty seats
● Wood-burning stove
The Old Sweet Shop’s Home Entertainment
● 50-inch HDTV
● Sky TV (basic subscription) and Netflix
● Blu-ray player
● Games, toys, jigsaws
The Old Sweet Shop’s Laundry Facilities
● Washing machine
● Ironing board and iron
● Doggie supplies including soft bed, blankets, towels
The Old Sweet Shop’s Garden
● Summer house
● Two terraces
● Garden furniture
● Large hot tub
2 parking spaces on-site
Sandy beach (walking distance)
Fridge-freezer and separate fridge
Range-style duel fuel cooker
- Available start dates are shown by a coloured circle – click on your chosen start date to see how many nights are available to book.
- Dates in grey are already booked.
- Our minimum stay is 3 nights. Breaks of 7 nights or more start on a Friday.
- If you have any queries about booking please email us.
If your preferred dates aren’t available, enquire about our other Exmoor Character Cottages: