Treat yourself to our guests’ top 12 most recommended cafes, pubs and restaurants
We always encourage our guests to recommend the cafes, pubs, restaurants and takeaways they’ve enjoyed so that the next visitors get the chance to experience them too. We’ve searched through our many 2023 reviews and totalled up our 12 most recommended eat-out venues in our part of Exmoor. It’s great for us to have so many local businesses to recommend – so here they are to get your taste buds tingling!
12 Exmoor eateries you won’t want to miss when you stay with us
- Among the many who rave about Reeves Restaurant in Dunster are Diane, David and Fraser.
- John, Carol and Christine love Hathaways in Dunster – as do many of our guests.
- The Luttrell Arms ‘Secret Garden’ is a winner for Nick, Jayne, Ali, Jax, Dave, Julie, Arlo and lots of other visitors.
- The Barter family are one of the numerous guests to recommend Periwinkle Tea Rooms in Selworthy – both for the food and the views.
- The Venable family praise the ‘Top’ Ship pub in Porlock village. We also recommend the ‘Bottom’ Ship at Porlock Weir – just don’t book in one and show up in the other!
- Oval regular guests The Fosters always visit the excellent Whortleberry Tearooms in Porlock.
- Fiona, Patrick, Olivia and Ewan are amongst those who mention The Harbour Gallery & Café in Porlock Weir as a favourite.
Minehead and Alcombe
- Phil and Lisa rate the pizzas at Vladi’s Pizza and Pasta by the seafront.
- Marjorie and friends particularly enjoyed The Wheelhouse restaurant in Minehead – as do many of our visitors. Some love it so much they go every night.
- The Seafare Fish & Chip Shop in Alcombe is the choice of Emma, Matt, Beaux, Melissa, Pops and Margot and many others including our housekeeping team!
- John, Anne, Gerald and Marion gave a shout out to the Blue Ball Inn in Countisbury. This is a great pub to visit en-route to Lynton and Lynmouth, a day trip that’s super-popular with our guests.
- The Greens of Derby describe The Royal Oak Inn in Luxborough as a ‘must visit’ – and we agree. Book ahead and park in the public car park. It’s a gorgeous drive through woodland. Slow down for the deer if you’re driving in the dark.
Tummy rumbling? Time to try some of these great Exmoor eateries? Stay with us at one of four luxury cottages and sample some of the great local pubs and restaurants, tearooms and cafes. Check out our live availability and pricing.