Have you ever considered contributing to our holiday blog?
At Exmoor Character Cottages, we are all about making sure you have happy holidays when you stay with us. Therefore, you’ll see from our website and our social media that we’ve gone to great lengths to deliver on that goal. One of the most read pages on our website is our reviews page under ‘Our cottages’. Here you will find real comments from our Guest Books and from online review sites like TripAdvisor and Google.
From reviews, to full-length blogs
We know how important it is for potential guests to read independent reviews from people who have stayed with us. So that’s why we were delighted when our guests started to write blogs. They’ve shared their experiences of staying at Exmoor Character Cottages, recommendations of places to go to, and things to see, here on Exmoor.
Our guest contributions
The present suite of guest blogs includes:
- Our very own “Spa Ladies”, Stella, Andrea, Julie and Shirley. They share details of a fun, social, retail-fuelled getaway weekend that even includes a Pyjama Day.
- Maeve de Burgh describes the perfect slow weekend and, along with friends, indulges in chocolates, wine, Netflix series and the sublime art of doing very little.
- Star gazing is on the agenda for Lucy Anna Scott, who learns why Exmoor is such a celestial world wonder.
- The McCombie family has been staying at Pilgrim Corner for several years now. Heather’s contribution gives a real insight into how their grown up family uses the house as a base to visit the places they know and love around Minehead and Exmoor National Park.
- Duncan and Elaine Peberdy have stayed at Pilgrim Corner and The Old Sweet Shop several times with their dogs, Charlie and Lola. As a result they have explored many nooks and crannies on their long walks. Often those walks end at their favourite dog-friendly haunts in Minehead and Dunster. We were delighted that they chose Pilgrim Corner as their first holiday destination when lockdown lifted in July 2020.
- Maureen & Peter Webb have stayed at The Oval many times. They loved their winter visit, and describe the delights of medieval Dunster village during the festive season.
- Marion and Godfrey Edwards chose Stone Barn for their first self-catering holiday rental experience in the UK. They thoroughly enjoyed their stay, exploring many of the region’s delights including Dunster, Lynmouth and Lynton, and the view from Bossington Hill.
In conclusion, we’re always happy to receive your blogs and the pictures you are happy to share. Remember, we do share these on social media, and we also have blogs published elsewhere, too. So, if you fancy writing a story for our holiday blog, please do get in touch!